Sunday, February 17, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOI!

I wanted to greet you and share a bit of "my" day with you, my dear friends and readers...

...A bit of trivia perhaps, as I decided to make this a fairly lazy day of pampering myself with mundaine stuff such as watching a couple of good old films on TV: "G.I. JANE" with Demi Moore and "TWISTER" with Helen Hunt...

...And playing House Chef Gourmet. Prepared, from scratch, a delectable Chicken vegetables rice soup. Kept the chicken skin on for added, natural "real" chicken flavor (you must know by now that I do not adhere to the neuroticisms of the "nutrition experts" whose scare tactics make the public consider the delicious latter unhealthy, fattening, verboten arsenic)...

...Also treated myself by including a pound of gizzards, whose texture I love, when cooked properly to avoid their turning into chunks of shoeleather...

...Then went all the way. Using an old European/Jewish formula, made matza balls...

Two small bowls of this magic concuction, and glasses of rose wine completed this home cooking appreciation event.

A special thank those of you who knew of, and remembered my Birthday by sending me cards and E-cards!

Again: I am grateful for being alive, healthy, happily working on important projects that promise to help a myriad individuals around the globe, anf for my good friends. I take the liberty to include you in this select group.

Will be back soon with more pragmatic posts. Stay well!

Jacques

No comments: