Saturday, September 6, 2008

10 Reasons to Switch to Gmail

Hi, all!

Just read the following I received from Dr. Mercola...and I am all excited, as I will explain why below. Enough, in fact, to have immediately thought of "spreading the Good News" amongst you, my friends and readers.

While I already have "jacques.slimforlife@gmail.com" --- my Yahoo!based "jacques@successgroup7.net" STOPPED showing NUMEROUS emails on my Inbox (or, at least, IF I they are NOT deleted or otherwise "vaporized" by that recent, ongoing awful "service" -PAID, incidentally!- ...they are invisible to me!).

"Just to make sure", I have periodically sent myself emails from another email address---and NEVER received ANY!
When I finally was able to get a telephone number for Yahoo! Customer Service, a rather blase-sounding employee gobbledygook-ed me by assuring me that their "Team of Engineers have been working feverishly for two weeks to FIX that problem, and it should be all taken care of in a few days!" (This was well over a month ago!).

SO, please peruse the following and decide for yourselves. Also bear in mind that I have no connection to Google or Gmail other than as a fellow-consumer. Meanwhile, Have a Great weekend!---and please send me your feedback on this. Thanks!

Jacques
--------------

Email can greatly increase your productivity … or it can really slow you down. It all depends on the email service you use, along with your personal organizational skills and attention to managing your inbox.

Google’s Gmail is, in my opinion, one of the best free email services out there. Once you get used to it, it will save you precious time and help to keep you organized. Here, Jacob Cass of Just Creative Design expands with 10 reasons why you may want to switch to Gmail too.


1. Gmail spam filters block 99 percent of the spam that usually makes it to your inbox. However, you can get better. I have had my personal email at Mercola.com for nearly 15 years and because of sophisticated firewalls and filtering software I only get several junk emails a day, while my much newer Gmail account gets about 20 a day

2. With Gmail you get to keep your old email account, and all incoming emails will be forwarded to your new Gmail account.

3. You can create Word docs, PDF’s and spread sheets with Gmail via the use of GoogleDocs.

4. Gmail allows you to schedule events with the Google Calendar, and will notify you by email to remind you of an appointment or meeting.

5. Gmail has something called ‘Stars,’ which allows you to tag emails you find important.

6. Your emails are tabbed into a thread, which means you no longer have to look for old emails.

7. You can archive old emails or whole conversations so that you can keep your inbox clear.

8. You can set up filters and labels to keep your inbox organized and clutter free.

9. It has a fast, easy search function, which means you will never lose an email again.

10. All your emails are online, which means that you access your emails from anywhere, not just from one computer.

Sources:
JustCreativeDesign.com August 18, 2008

----------

P.S.: WARNING: Red Bull Can give you a stroke!

Many of you who are overweight may also suffer from ancillary ailments, including heart disease. If so, especially for you, the following may be a life-saving WARNING.

Just one can of the popular stimulant energy drink Red Bull can increase your risk of heart attack or stroke. The effect was seen even in young people.

The caffeine-loaded beverage causes blood to become sticky, a pre-cursor to cardiovascular problems such as stroke.

One hour after drinking Red Bull, your blood system becomes abnormal, as might be expected from a patient with cardiovascular disease.

Red Bull is banned in Norway, Uruguay and Denmark because of health risks.

Sources:
Reuters August 14, 2008

No comments: